What makes a muffin a muffin?

Is it the use of the muffin tin or the ingredients? Because there can be sweet muffins and then savory muffins. And then question becomes, what is the difference between a muffin and a scone? Is a scone a hard muffin or is a muffin a confined scone?

Deep stuff people, deep stuff.

Just to introduce you a bit to my world, this thought was because I am trying to brainstorm a tricky javascript error I am getting just on websphere, not on tomcat. This is how my brain is wired 1. Computers, 2. Food, at anytime these subjects will be interrupted with each other, or whatever the hell else I am thinking about.

Comments

  1. It's all in the makeup of the muffin/scone! A scone and muffin have completely different textures. I think it's more often a case of discerning the difference between muffins and cake!

    I want a corn muffin so badly right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss muffins and scones for that matter. From the instant packets I got that one time I think that scones have less water in them, as for the rest of what makes a scone a scone and a muffin a muffin I don't know. But, I would disagress with the muffin and cake comment because a cake shaped like a muffin is a cupcake, and muffin and cupcakes are very different. I just don't know how. Unless the sweet muffins are actually cupcakes, then they really aren't different

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts