Looks like it is work rant time...

My biggest pet peeve about my employer? They won't buy me a foot stool for my cube.  I am short so my legs do not touch the ground when my chair is the perfect hight for my desk.  So instead of letting me purchase a 12 dollar foot stool they said to just use the blocks of paper.  I probably go through one of these reams ever 3 or 4 months because they weren't ment for durability.  Just give me a foot stool and not worry too much about if it is a person item, becuase damn it I am using at work for work while working, it is a work purchase!

Also 9 dollars a year budget for a work calender to too little.  You can only get the really cheapy calenders for that, come on there has totally been inflation since 1995 and 9 bucks just does not cut it.

Comments

  1. First, I'm shocked that you have actually posted. Second, does the paper get used after you finish using it as a stool, or is this just a waste of paper? Because you could probably do a cost comparison on price of paper vs. a new step stool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shorties represent. I'm sorry, I actually understand your despair here. I have to flip a trash can over for a stool. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically our admin assistant is required to order foot stools if you need one at your desk. But they don't--they put you off and put you off till you say "fuck it." But now that I work from home I can order office supplies from Staples.com and that's actually on my (kinda short) list of approved products I can order. :)
    And I agree. The paper waste has to be far greater than the one time cost of a cheap ass footrest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts