Almost done with the planning...

The wedding ring have arrived (and in John's case shipped back out again to get the exact size he had originally been sized for but was then worried it would be too small), the favors have arrived (tea forte for all!) and an extra 20 have been ordered even though I do already have 128, it was looking like that might be pretty close.  I am trying not to worry about the small stuff.  Because really, who is going to notice that my place cards are white instead of being ivory?  Let me tell you it is a bitch to find print at home place cards in any color but white, so you guys are just going to have to deal.  That is if you even notice.

Jeaniy had a pretty cool new hair curling technique that she posted about.  What you don't have to put any effort forward and you get pretty sweet curly hair?!? Count me in.  So I tried it last night, since I also have those elasticy headbands laying around..  I tried for a little bit larger chunks of hair all over because I wanted more of a wavy look, then tight retro curls. 


For the most part I think it worked.  The curls in the back aren't the best because I kind of half assed it by the time I got back there.  I did the hairband thing at night before bed, but after a bath.  So I would say my hair had some wetish parts, but on the whole it was dry.  I put in a bit of hair spray before wrapping the hair up.  It was pretty easy to sleep on, but I am a bit of a restless sleeper so by the time I woke up in the morning, the hairband was hanging on for dear life.

Overall I would probably try it again,  I would probably try harder to make sure the back pieces got fully wrapped around and that might also help with it falling out so easily after sleeping on it.  Please ignore the giant Nebraska flag, I am in the office which is John's decoration terriority.

Also whipped up a batch of apple pie shots last night in preparation for some pumpkin carving (and I guess watching a football game) on Saturday.  This time I did 1 gallon apple cider, 8 cinnamon sticks, a pinch of cardamen, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar and then a whole bottle of everclear.  I was just going to pour in 3/4 the bottle, but John was handling that process and just went full tilt all in.  Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about it being weak this year.

Comments

  1. What, no ridiculous headbands in process pictures?? ^_^

    I like the curls/waves-- but my question is-- how are they holding up? Are they staying in?

    And now that I know that the place cards are indeed white instead of ivory, I will judge you mercilessly. (judge judge judge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It held up pretty good. It certainly has helped me have a cute flippy ponytail today. I did get a bit of fuzz, so some shine spray definitely helps when you are styling your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it feels like forever since I checked blogs so after looking at Jenny and Joyce I was like it's been a week and I feel cut off from everyone because I haven't been able to get on gchat all week, maybe Christine updated. I don't know why I would think that. Your last post was pre-wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts