Is this the longest winter ever?

I think I got a little bit spoiled last week when we hit 32 degrees most of the days. Now, at 20 degrees, it just feels downright fridged. I can't wait till it is is truly warm again, but why can't the spring and fall last longer in the Midwest? Is it just me, or does it seem like we just move straight from Winter to Summer sometimes.

Masters classes, Ecommerce Management and Management Information Systems, are going all right this semester. I am in week 9 of 12 weeks, so that means the hard stuff is coming up soon. Both classes use semester long papers for a lot of the grade, and writing these papers is not the funnest thing to do. I do always try to pick out interesting (to me) topics, but it still feels somewhat tedious to do the actually writing of the rough draft part. This semester I will be writing on Open Source Ecommerce Solutions and the future of mobile commerce. These will be my 5th and 6th master's papers respectively. I have done so much more writing with my master's degree then I ever had to do with my undergraduate. I sometimes miss the sample programs that I got to work on in my programming classes, the closet I have come to that in my master's was working on some SQL programming.

So John and I are going to celebrate Valentine's day this Friday, February 12th, because celebrating valentines day on a Sunday just doesn't seem right. To me, it seems like a holiday that should always fall on a Saturday or Friday, you know, date nights. But I am going to making dinner, John's Choice. So he selected a recipe I made almost 2 years ago, when were first going out. It is an African Chicken in Peanut Sauce dish, that requires quite a bit of prep work, plus about 50 minutes or so of cook time. So needless to say, not something I cook often. I do not know how authentic it is, but it is pretty tasty.

Comments

  1. I looked over the African Chicken dish, really you could just cut back on over half the time, by just making my peanut sauce, which is how the Beninese make it, which personally I think would be more realistic than any African sauce that calls for jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 5 degrees as I stood outside my doctor's office at 7:45 trying to figure out why the door wasn't opening. :( My feet were freeeeezing. Booooo winter.

    Also...pajama jeans...hmmmm. An interesting idea. I wonder if they look like mom jeans irl or if they're actually decent looking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing recipe. And I really, really hope spring hurries the hell up and comes soon. February is definitely the month where I start losing the will to live. :(

    And... Pajama jeans??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and thanks for tweeting about the Nikujaga recipe. Weirdly I'd just been watching a j-drama where they reference it quite often. So I made it. Sorta. I was out of soy sauce. But tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts