You can make ramen out of anything...

When life hands you a ton of leftovers, make ramen!

So the African Chicken recipe went well, it is just a tie consuming process to do all the chopping and prep work before you can even make the sauce. I used a little bit more chicken then it called for, about 4.5 or so lbs. So the pot was a little bit full during the simmering process but I had forgotten how divine the sauce is. It is rich, deep and makes you want to lick it off the plate, which I did because I have no dignity when it comes to awesome sauces. There was enough leftovers that it could have feed another 4 people, and the roasted cauliflower tasted awesome, even if John was not a huge fan of the cilantro sauce that went on top. I loved that I could just stick the veggies in the oven, which meant one less thing that I needed to worry about on the stovetop.

KP, I am going to try your sauce sometime but for John's v-day present I told him that I would do the recipe according to the recipe. Next time though, your sauce looks infinitely more simple.

So with all these leftovers, John and I made ramen, and it was awesome. I picked up some generic chili ramen packets, and then we added the leftover sauce to the the water while it was heating up. Then added in the chopped up chicken, noodles, and then at the end topped with an egg. It really is a great way to deal with leftovers, because the flavors of the peanut sauce and chili go great together, and it truly tastes like a new dish.

So today I found two fraud charges on my credit card today, and these are even on the card that I only use for in person transactions. I really don't know how they got my card number, and I understand that these things happen, but they freaking bought close to 600 dollars worth of pest control supplies!! On the charges I saw it say "Whatever Works MA" with a phone number next to it, so after reporting the charges to my credit card, closing the account and getting a new card shipped, I figured what the hell, and called the number. It really didn't help with anything, but after doing some research about the company and finding that they have a A+ BBB rating, I figured I might give them a heads up. I know that it probably did nothing, but it made me feel better.

I will update if there is anymore drama with the card, but I don't think there should be.

Comments

  1. Dude, whoever stole your credit card is probably making bombs with that much pest control

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sucks. :( Why does it seem like this keeps happening to you? Maybe Sephora is selling your # to terrorists?

    Also, your food sounds delicious. Sadly I have no blender, otherwise I'd make Kacie's peanut sauce this week. :( Alas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts