I need a vacation from vacations...

It seems like I haven't been in Omaha much these past 2-3 weeks.  First the trip to Niobrara and then right after I headed to my parents place in Iowa.  I won't be traveling again till August for Jeaniy's Wedding.  It will be nice to be at home for a while.

Well I survived the camping trip to the Niobrara, even with the extra day of camping.  We hiked up to Smith Falls and then went on a nature hike.  It was fun, and a lot more strenous then I thought it was going to be.  The best part of the day was hoping into the river after we got back from the hike.  The water felt amazing, and sitting in the rapids with a cold beer is the best place to be on a summer afternoon.  The actual float trip was fun, and much better weather then last year.  I might have been the person who was having a little too much fun, but hey it's a float trip and you are supposed to drink heavy.  I replied sunscreen every hour or less, so I just walked away with a little bit of a sunburn on my back.  I was a bit worried about burning, especially since the sun was going to be out this year, but I ended up being fine.

Comments

  1. Happy to hear you survived the camping trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for making it back to the modern world of running water and flushing toilets. I can "amen" your vacation from the vacation. Some vacations are so much fun, but soooo tiring. Good for you for the sunscreen re-application...no skin cancer for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts