Today is a good day...

Made my own coffee before getting into work, so I didn't have to drink the swill today.  Had a fun lunch at Chipotle with a coworker I haven't chatted with in a while, also she sprung for the meal and 2 beers for us to celebrate my birthday.  Had a 15 minute chair massage at work (they call them 15 minute vacations) which felt wondeful, best way to spend $5.  Found out that the project I am currently working on may not have as tight of deadline as I thought, which is awesome because I would rather be thorough then fast.  Tonight John is cooking me Porcini Pork Tenderloin for dinner, and it has the best sauce ever on it.  He only cooks this recipe on special occassions becuase it is kind of time consuming, but the end result is worth it.  Also next week we are going to head to Avenue Q, and this will be the first time that I actually get to see the show.  I have been listening to the sound track for a couple years, but I have never seen it all the way through.

All in all, I am having a pretty awesome 28th birthday.  I am always amazed at the volume and diversity of people who wish you happy birthday on your facebook wall, but I have to admit, it is really nice too!  Plus I just went onto Google.com, and becuase I am signed into my Google account, even my search engine is wishing me a happy birthday.  Free food count so far = 4 meals and 2 desserts!

Comments

  1. Recipe looks good, but I would leave out the mushrooms, happy to hear you had a happy birthday, 28 isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'd read this entry before but didn't remember to comment, and now that I came over and saw the entry again, I'm just too tickled by your use of "swill" to comment on any other aspect of it. ^_^

    Oh, except that I'm damn jealous of that chair massage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts