And now it is Winter again...

Those few days of actual Spring weather in Omaha spoiled me.  I was really starting to think we were out of the cold, but now Mother Nature had other ideas.  It's 42 degrees out right now, with chances of snow tomorrow and Saturday.  Ugh, that is not how I wanted the weekend weather to go.  Tomorrow we are planning on hitting the Ft. Calhoun fish fry, which has been a favorite now for 2 years.  This friday will be the third friday in a row that I am eating fish.  No KP I am not turning cathloic, but I could see them using this as thier catholic gateway drug.

Avenue Q was awesome.  I have listened to the sound track for years, so it was wierd to be seeing the musical for the first time, but know ALL of the words to the songs.  One thing you don't learn about the musical just from the songs are the characters of the Bad Idea Bears (a take on Care Bears).  I thought they were hilarous, and really added a lot to the show, plus I loved the actors who played the bears.  The entire case was awesome, even though for our show the understudy was playing Princeton.  He did a great job, but it kind of makes you wonder if the understudy is that awesome, what does the princple sound like?

Probably going to go with my mom to Wicked in June.  I have yet to see this one, and I was sad when I didn't suck it up and just buy the tickets last time they were in town.  It just seems sooo pricy to put 84 bucks down for one ticket.

Work has been fine, a little bit frantic because we were trying to get a software release done as well as doing a new security assessment.  Still working on the assesment, but the dates have been changed so I do have more time then was originally planned for.

Finally getting my master's diploma today, after finishing my last class I was just annoyed that the school then charges a $100 diploma fee, so I held off on ordering it for awhile.  I finally sucked it up a couple weeks ago, and ordered it.  It better have gold leaf on it, and be printed on some uber awesome paper becuase $100 should get you a freaking awesome sheet of paper.

Comments

  1. They are predicting snow in KC too, I don't see it happening, sure the temp has dropped but the sun is out. Happy to hear you enjoyed Avenue Q, I want to see that show at some point. Fish Fries are only one of the many Catholic traps, there is also St. Patrick's Day and Mardi Gras to lure in the unsuspecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday Christine will honor us with another blog post, until then we must wait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts