Like new coke, only good!

Finally got switched over to my new google account.  Changing my last name after getting married has been a hassle.  I still have my old email account, now just forwarding all the email to my new one.  I still have about 1/3 of my other accounts still needing my last name changed, and changed to using my new email.  Ugh and this was a process I started in October. 

Sure getting a new SS card and driver's license isn't too bad, but then add in your email account, google account, facebook acount, twitter (probably not going to change), bank account, credit card, savings accounts, 401k, Roth IRA, student loans, various boards online(pandora, hulu, netflix, etc) and passport.  It just keeps on adding up, and then there always seems to be another place I need change something. I almost wouldn't do it again because of the big pain in the butt it is.  So if you ask me, don't change your last name when you get married, it is too much effort, or if your significant other wants you change it, make them do the work.

Comments

  1. Word to all of that. My credit card is still in my maiden name. It's a bit embarassing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts