Playing around with Jott...

So I have been trying out a lot of new productivity tool lately (iwantsandy.com, Joost) and some cool stuff (mostly just GrandCentral). And I have just starting a system to kinda combine my use of this stuff. Really I probably wouldn't use any of these tools just by themselves, but combined you can really do some awesome things. Ok to explain, Jott in a online applcation that translates voice to emails. Pretty much you call in and it will send an email to who or what you state. Iwantsandy.com is an online email person assistant, send emails to her and she will keep track of notes and send you email reminders. GrandCentral is online application that gives you a phone number that will let you treat different groups of people differently, and forwards the calls to your cell/work/home. So for example, you might use this phone number when signing up for free stuff and then can screen all the soliciting calls.

So how I am using them together is if I am out and about and find a book I want to read, I can call Jott who will email Sandy to remember the book title and price. Pretty neat huh? Or also I am out on a walk and I remember that I need to by some milk before I come home, I just call Jott and add milk to my grocery list that is on Sandy. I use my GrandCentral number for Jott account, this allows me to direct which phone (cell/work) I will get reminder text messages on. Also it allows me some more protection if spammers get a hold of that number, I can block them a lot easier on my GrandCentral number then on my cell. What's awesome about all of these is that they are free. I am definitely still playing around with my system, tweaking it still.

Also you can blog from Jott, but that is something I still need to check out! Anybody try this one yet?

Check out the links if you want to try these:
Sandy
Jott
GrandCentral

Comments

  1. Whoa... whoa...

    I think I have to see it in action because I'm pretty sure I look frightened yet slightly intrigued right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure it sounds cool, but part of me just wonders why you don't just write yourself a post-it note. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Joyce I was mostly thinking of using this when I am in my car, I always have my phone but not necessarily a pen and paper. Also this is so much cooler then a post-it note!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts