No I didn't get a tan...

But I did try to get some time out in the sun. So sorry for this follow up post being so late, I did get back from Disneyworld last Sunday. It was a lot of fun! We (mostly me and Lars, Jana joined us for out afternoon/evening outings) hit up all the parks, Magical Kingdom, Hollywood Studios (I still thought this was named MGM Studios), Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. Now you have to remember that I did this in three days. I think my favorite rides were Rocky Mountain railway in Magical Kingdom, and Everest in Animal Kingdom. Luckily Lars is over 48 inches even though he is just 6, and I was able to take him on the bigger rides. Although I couldn't get him to go on the Aerosmith rollarcoaster in Hollywood Studios, we really did hit up a lot of other rides. The weather was pretty awesome there, mostly 70's partly cloudy. Which is fine by me, because I probably would have burnt if it was any sunnier! I did get some time by the pool, but it was probably just three hours the whole trip. It is amazing out expensive the food was there! It makes me very thankful that Jana was paying for my meals, pretty much I had to just pay for my ticket out to Orlando and everything else was paid for! Really I think I made out great. If anyone wants to see pics, I put some up on facebook, although I couldn't help posting my favorite of Lars below.


So the boss finally decided yesterday who gets to go to the Java conference, and I didn't get picked. I am pretty disappointed, but I know that I do have a customer trip that should be scheduled around that time, but damn it, the customer thing has already been rescheduled like two or three times. Orginally I was supposed to do the customer thing in February! But in better news, I am going to go to DefCon!!! I am sooooo excited about this, it is the biggest hacker convention and it is in Las Vegas every year! I am going with my brother, a coworker and maybe my brother-in-law.

Well back to work for me,
Teeny

Comments

  1. Again I say....so jealous. I'll check out the pictures on facebook sometime when my computer isn't on the verge of dying. I leave my charger at school. That way I have a limited amount of time that I can do school work, so it prevents me from overworking...but then I can't spend tons of time lolly-gagging online. Sounds like the trip went well! Good to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it used to be MGM, because I thought that is what it was called when I went, but maybe they just had an MGM-lot. And yay for DefCon, I probably wouldn't understand much at the Con but it sounds like you'll have fun

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts