Back from CO...

My cousin's wedding went well, although for a bit I didn't think I was actually going to get to see it. We flew out on Thursday, our original flight was for 3:30pm but was canceled because of a snow storm. We got bumped to a 6:30pm flight, but when we landed the Blizzard was still in effect. So instead of renting a car, we decided to let someone else do the driving. Grabbed a taxi and then took the $120 ride to our hotel (we went to Denver, wedding/hotel was in Golden). For the rest of the trip the weather was awesome, but just that day we flew in it sucked.

My cousin did a fusion Japanese/Traditional wedding, she wore a beautiful kimono, and they did the 9 sake thing, as well as the normal stuff. The food and drink selection for the reception was awesome! Two kinds of sake as well as full bar, and then sushi on the buffet setup! Saturday, John, My brother, Anne, Emily and I did the Coors Brewery tour (highly recommended) and then just hung out in Historic Golden till we had to head to a family gathering. My uncle was renting a condo so we headed to his place for a get together, it was at the top floor of some 50 story building. The view of Denver was great.

Sunday John and I had the day to ourselves. We went shopping down the 6th street mall (a outdoor pedestrian street with shops), then hit the Colorado History Museum (we were desperate and had a lot of time to kill), and then ran out to Red Rocks (natural outdoor auditorium). By then it was time to hit the airport, and head home.

Forgot my camera, so I have to bug my brother to get some pics from him.

Comments

  1. Politics aside, as a computer geek, you should be just as interested in ACTA as I am, it's an international law that would put pressure on internet piracy.

    Volunteers from CO would always talk about concerts at Red Rocks, since then I've wanted to go to a concert there, the sound is suppose to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts