Is it summer?

I guess I still feel like I should get some sort of month (or preferable 3 month) break when summer comes, and it is that magical time where you don't have to do Jack. I know I have been in the "real" world for close to 4 years now, but I wonder it really kicks in that no you don't get a summer vacation anymore. You are lucky if you get a week, and that yes you do have to work like you do through the rest of the year.

That said, it really hasn't felt like summer because well the temperature hasn't been summer temps. When went on a float trip on the 4th of July it was about 65 degrees out. On the 4th?!?! I couldn't believe how cold it was. I am not one who likes the heat, but it is expected that when summer rolls around (especially July) it is going to be really hot and most of the time humid.

I have survived camping (real camping, I guess my families version of renting a cabin doesn't count as camping) twice now. For two days over the 4th for our Float trip, and then again recent for two days for John's Birthday. I have to say I am still not a fan of no air conditioning, getting bug bites, and peeing outdoors (or is porta potties) but there are a lot more fun parts then not fun parts. It is cool that you get to hang out with your friends for a longer amount of time then usual, I think cooking outdoors is pretty novel, and drinking beer by a camping fire frankly rocks. We totally put bacon on sticks and cooked it over the campfire and it was awesome. So I will probably be up for camping for future outings, but I make no promises about not whining about the heat.

Teeny

Comments

  1. Just wait until you come visit me, no AC, it will be like camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon kebabs?!?

    It's ridiculously cool and rainy here as well. I just can't believe it's already August. Winter is just around the corner and it makes me want to whine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it isn't summer, not since September 22nd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts