Who exploded my plants?

My lemon verbena is totally out of hand.  It is roughly 3 feet tall right now, and is trying to encroach on the basil's territory.  The cherry tomato is about 3 times as tall as the planter right now, which makes is pretty top heavy and prone to falling over.  So not good when it is windy, or as it is right now, thunderstormy.  A downside to having a tomato in a pot is that right now we have to water it two times a day or it gets droopy and sad.  The basil hates this 100 degree weather, and I am right there with the plant.  But it is awesome to have a ton of fresh basil, and hopefully soon we will have another batch of cherry tomatos.  So far this tomato plant is totally making up for my sad AeroGarden cherry tomato plant which grew exactly one cherry tomato in the 4 month I had that thing.







Lemon Verbena and Basil

The out of control cherry tomato

Comments

  1. Your tomato plant is insane! I need to miracle gro the crap out of my plants next time I try to grow any. Mine were sad and pathetic this year. Maybe next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed a pattern, every time you update your blog to change the design

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts