I got the new Harry Potter, and no little kids were hurt in the process...

Picked up the new Harry Potter with Jackie and some of her friends on Friday night at Borders. Luckily they had gotten there before I did, because they saved a couch for the group! So we just hung out, read manga (yay for Hana Kimi!!) and watch little pre-teens and and teenagers go batshit. Seriously think the freakshow was out that night (not that a 24 year old waiting for the book is odd). It was actually a pretty good time, lots of chatting and random friend making with the few other adults there who didn't have kids (and weren't wearing costumes). Jackie peaced out early because she had gotten here bracelet earlier that morning (you got a bracelet when you came in, and when they called out you color and number then you could get in line to get your book), unfortunately my group did not get called until 1:15ish. Found out from a coworker that he just waltzed into a 24 hour Hy-Vee at 5till midnight, picked up the book at midnight, and then left. But at least I got social time with other Harry Potter adults.

~Teeny

Comments

  1. Ya know, I was much tempted to just grab the book off the shelf at Borders instead of checking my name off the list, and waiting in line, but I think it would have taken away from the whole experience of it all! I didn't go at midnight mind you... like 1pm. After work. ^_^ Plus I got %40 off this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, got your Starbucks card! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts