My newest obsession...

Audiobooks! It took me a little while to get used to "reading" these things, but it is amazing how they can make menial tasks go quickly. I mostly just listen to them while working out, because really who likes spending a half an hour on a treadmill? I have a short attention span, and next to no drive to hop up on a treadmill, so if I reward myself with an audiobook, presto, a half an hour is gone and I got my cardio workout done. Also I find that listening to them while cleaning/doing dishes, really makes things go faster. Cautionary note: If you just listen to audiobooks while lounging on your couch, you will look weird. Your eyes kinda go vacant, and you stare at random stuff for a long time. Unless you don't mind looking a little slack jawed, find something else to do while listening.

Recomendations: Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
March Upcountry by David Weber
Any Harry Potter book

ps. I am a huge SciFi/Fantasy freak so that is mostly what I listen too, but there is a ton of other stuff out there.

Comments

  1. I got a great mental image of you sacked out on the couch staring into space and had a little library-volume giggle. Thanks. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you normally look that way :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts