Wow the Marketing department is working overtime...

So I am waiting for my new iPod to come. Long story short, my other mp3 player got its screen stepped on and I would need to replace the screen in order to use it. Screen cost about $100 and if I wanted another zen (that is if I could find another one) it would cost me right around $200, so I took option three and decided to get a new iPod. So really not the most cost effective thing, and I should have saved my money and replaced the screen, but that takes time. I want my MP3's and I want them now. So I got my iPod shipped overnight from Amazon (oh Amazon how I love you so, let me count the ways) and I am expecting it before 3pm. Well the site says that it should be delivered before 3. Me being the impatient person that I am, decided to call up my apartment complex and see if the fedex truck has arrived yet (fedex and UPS alway come around 4 so I don't know why this it is going to be different today). I have to look up the phone number for the apartment office, cause really I can't be bothered to write it down or memorize it, and one of the listings for my apartment complex caught my eye"

Downtown only 12 minutes away ... Close to I-680, West Dodge Road and Maple Street ... 24-hour mega fitness center, sparkling pool, spa, and sauna. BE A PART OF THE LION'S DEN: LIVE AT LIONSHEAD. Truly the one and only apartment community for the trend setting socialites of Omaha, LionsHead is where you'll want to hang your hat. Our Northwest Omaha apartments offer the ultimate combination of the three L's; location, lifestyle, and luxury.

Wow that is a lot of marketing BS. Not that I don't like my apartment, it is clean, fairly cheap (well for Omaha) and the neighbors aren't too loud. But really 12 minutes away from downtown, yea right, 15 on a good day, and really did they time it? Oooh and 24-mega fitness center?!? Where the hell is that? You mean the little dinky room at the bottem of the apartment office? The one with the equipment from the 80's and a hot tub that has not been filled in 2 years? Yea I think not. Plus Jenny tried to go super early one day (5am, 6am?) and the mega fitness center was closed. Also the one at the nearby apartment complex? Yea that is only open from 6am - 11pm. Not 24 hours. And don't even get me started on the "trend setting socialites of Omaha", I see more retirees then anyone under the age of 30.

Richdale Marketing department, I call BS!

Comments

  1. lol, you apparently live in like a penthouse. that's awesome. I'm *truly* jealous. ^_^

    That sucks so bad about your zen. iPod is nice though. I think Brian would die if anything happened to his. By my clock you've got 2 hours until delivery time. Can you take it?

    Actually, I didn't check the date you posted this, so, it very well could've been yesterday and I wouldn't know. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of iPod are you getting?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts