I swear I am not a pod person...

Well just noticed that my last post was lucky 100 on this blog! Just took me what, two years? Not too bad.

Well another day, another early morning (well not as early as Ashley, but in my vocabulary 7am is early). Stepped it up a bit today, and came in to the gym on my work campus. Not too many people in the gym, but if more then five people are in that place, it starts to feel crowded.

I have started to worry about retirement stuff, I know I am only 24, but there are so many horror stories out there, and if I retire, I am going to stay retired, and not have to rejoin the workforce. But so far I have been putting 15% in my company's 401k program (we have a nice company match too) but that is about it. Right now I am looking at opening up a Roth IRA , and then maybe buying into a Star fund or other index fund. I also have been wishing that I had taken some sort of finance class at school, it would really help right about now. Universities should really make that part of the curriculum, a personal finance/investing class, because you will have to deal with it sometime.

Just when I think that maybe I am not doing enough, I stumble on a article that makes be feel better. Wow this guy only had $15,000 saved for retirement and he is 55 years old.

Other finance blogs I have been reading, both are great and are aimed at younger people:
Get Rich Slowly
I will teach you to be rich

~Teeny

Comments

  1. I must say the new layout caught my eye and made me think, "Oh! She updated!" Alright!

    I stress about retirement too. But I can only afford 3% into my 401K. Company matches 100%, so that helps a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you updated! Like twice in a row! ^_^

    I think I have your belated b-day present all picked out.

    I say this b/c I know nothing about IRAs and have no job and no money whatsoever to put towards retirement. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make $6.00 a day so I'm really not to much help with investments, but you wouldn't have paid attention in the finance class, lord knows I didn't, but a Roth IRA would be good, just wait until December to open it because according to Ben'Dali (postmate) that is when there is the best interest rates (and there is very little that Ben'Dali doesn't know-except art history and house training a cat)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts