Germany - Friday - Munich

On Friday since we didn't really finish the Lonely Planet walking tour, we decided to try and hit some more stops on the tour.  The residence museum really took up a lot of time, so we got a little distracted.  So we headed up to the english gardens, and some other sites.  To get all over Munich, we used the metro.  It was really easy to use, and makes me want Omaha to have something better then our little bus system.  But then I have to wonder if I would even use it, because right now I really miss my car, and not having to be on some sort of schedule to catch trains.  Back to Munich through, the english gardens were really the biggest site we saw, and then just did some shopping.

John and I had our train to Naples to catch at 9pm, so we kept our eye on the time.  Anja headed back home earlier, and John and I went to the supermarket to pick up a picnic for the train.  My favorite food in Germany really was the bread.  Germans love bread.  It is all over, and it seems that every block has a bakery or two.  And my favorite bread of the trip was pretzel bread coated with pumpkin seeds, instead of salt.  It is wonderful, and tastes good with spread or as a sandwich.  I am going to miss that bread.  Also I am going to miss quark.  It is an awesome spread that you can use on bread that is a cross between a yogurt and a cream cheese, my favorite is chive flavored.  So if you are ever in Germany make sure to have a lot of bread, and get yourself some quark.

Comments

Popular Posts