Germany - Thursday - Munich

The train from Hedilburg to Munich wasn't bad at all, it was just a quick 3 hour trip.  Anja had booked a hotel for us that was pretty close to the train station, so it wasn't too long of hike from the station with our bags.  John and I only brought one bag each and one personal item, so we were pretty portable.  This really helped with how many trains we took throughout our trip.  To start off our trip in Munich, John and I did a walking tour courtsy of Lonely Planet Germany.  We got an awesome view of the city atop a church as you can see from the picture.  Then we went by some of the most famous beer gardens, which will be pretty crowded in two weeks for october fest.  Then we spent some time in the resedence musuem.  The musuem is actually the old palace for german kings (electors?) and is so huge that one half of it is open in the mornings, and the other half in the afternoons.  Needless to say, a literal ton of very expensive furnature and paintings.  Very cool, but kinda exhausting.  For dinner we hit one of the local beer halls, the Augustiner.  It was huge, and very full with diners and people just there for drinking.  You kind of just need to find your own seat, it is not a place were one waits to me seated.  For dinner I had schnitzel with a great cream sauce and some local chanterelle mushrooms.  John got sausage and sauerkraut, a very appropriate dinner for a beer hall.

Comments

  1. I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this... but I think I've figured out why I think I know John. It's because he's Rob Thomas's doppelganger. (http://www.exposay.com/rob-thomas-2006-clive-davis-pre-grammy-awards-party/p/3682/1/?f=Rob+Thomas) Yeah... hopefully that link works. I didn't even attempt to HTML format it. Sorry. ^_^

    Brave you trying all this food! Hope you brought some Pepto! Oy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts