Traveling to Germany

I made it to Germany, sometimes times during the three different flights that I had to take to get here, it felt that I would never make it.  But I did and I finally did get some sleep.

The Omaha to Minneapolis flight was no problem but I did start getting a little panicky when I realized that John and I only had about 15 minutes to get to our next flight after we touched down.  Luckily our flight had arrived early, and the Minneapolis to Amesterdamn flight was pretty big so boarding took a long time.  I really think that flight was the worst I have had in a long time.  My TV monitor didn't really work, so no movies or TV shows for me.  Of course I thought that was fine for awhile because I needed to try and sleep to try and get on the Germany timezone.  But unfortunately sleep pretty much eluded me for the whole 7 hour flight.  It is not that I didn't try, but it seemed like I was just trying too hard. In the end I might have gotten an hour total after trying to sleep for about 5 hours.

By the time John and I made it to Amsterdamn, I kinda felt a bit like a zombie.  We rode Delta for all the flights except this last one, which we fly on KLM.  Let me tell you, the Dutch know how to fly.  Even though our flight was only 45 minutes, we still got a sandwich and beverage service, and not even just a sandwich, an awesome organic one.  I am kinda looking forward to the trip home (not because I will be leaving) but because we are flying two of our flights back on KLM.

Met up with Anja and her boyfriend Oliver in Frankfurt, and they were kind enough to pick us up to go to Anja's parents house.   Inge and Kurt had us over for lunch, a four course affair that I will write about that later.

Teeny

Comments

  1. A 7 hour flight and you couldn't even fall asleep, that sucks. But happy to know you arrived in one piece, enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you fly home, consider taking a benadryl or other antihistimine. Or, do what I did on Air France and drink one of those teeny bottles of wine. Everyone always says drinking on planes is rough on you, but that AF wine just knocked me right the heck out and I slept for most of the flight. :)

    Four course dinner? I await deets with pleasure. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts